Saturday, April 27, 2013

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #109: Mother's Day

For our challenge @ My Sheri Crafts your project should reflect what makes your Mother so unique! My Mother-in-law is a very sweet and special person and there are many things that come to mind that define her. She came from a large family and lived a busy life raising 4 children, 4 step children and helping raise several grandchildren. An avid sewer, quilter and crafter, she possesses far too many talents to list. Since I focused on her sewing previously, today I'm focusing on her joys in life.
Among them are her love of traveling and enjoying nature's beauty. She'd leave the Midwest in winter to enjoy our ocean, parks, mountains, trees, plants, flowers and birds in CA and AZ. We spent many vacation days making sure she saw as much of the two states as we could. When she had her own home, it was always filled with beautiful blooming plants/flowers/trees that would attract birds to her home, patio and yard. I hope this simple little card with glittery butterfly will bring a smile to her face, since she's so very special to us. We can't be there for Mother's Day, but I know she loves receiving cards. Her daughter posts them prominently in her retirement home room for her enjoyment.
Thanks for your visit here today and now that you know a bit about my special MIL, please share your Mother's uniqueness with us @ My Sheri Crafts!

Stamps: JustRite Spring Words and Buntings and Banners (Mom);
Papers: October Afternoon's Cakewalk; Echo Park's Everyday Eclectic; Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream CS; green CS from stash
Inks: Papertrey Ink's True Black
Dies: Spellbinders' A2 Curved Borders One; Wonderful Wings; Nested Lacy Pennants
Embellishments: Want2Scrap gems

9 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Marge, what a beautiful card! I have so much in common after reading your description of your MIL! My whole back yard is full of everything that will attract birds, including hummingbird feeders! I am sure your MIL will LOVE her card from you! It really is a very BEAUTIFUL card! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Sarah said...

This is so pretty!!! I love that swirly cut and sweet border! It just makes you feel a little joy! Great card! Your MIL will certainly love it.

Sue Crease said...

Marg,
Thanks for the lovely decription of your mother in law. Your card is just lovely I do like the SB curved boarder you have used, it makes such a impact.

Sue

Kristi said...

This one's a stunner, Marge! It's so nice to hear about your amazing mother-in-law!

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Marge!! The papers and design are so beautiful!! I love the butterfly!! Your MIL sounds like an amazing, wonderful lady!! Happy Sunday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, this card reminds me of a beautiful garden! I am sure that your mother-in-law will cherish this and bring more than a smile to her face--it will make her feel special and remember she is loved. :-)

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card I am sure she will enjoy! ~Diane

Diane said...

Beautiful card design.

Regards diane

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Marge! Love the design and pretty papers and the gorgeous butterfly! I am sure your MIL will treasure this card!
Hugs!
Glenda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin