Wednesday, March 6, 2013

JustRite Friday Challenge #091: Color Challenge

This is my project for JustRite's Friday color challenge -- a gift basket and matching card for a birthday. I thought the colors of grey and yellow were perfect for just coming out of winter and entering spring.  In fact, we have some yellow poppies popping up in the desert already -- YAY!!!

I followed Becca Feeken's tutorial (found here) for the front of my basket and my card. I used one of my FAV JustRite clear polymer sets (Botanical Medallions & Banners) for my project, with the exception of my birthday tag, which uses Forever Friends cling. Dies used today are JustRite's Antique Labels One for card and tag and Spellbinders' Scalloped Edge Frame for the woven pieces and Classic Scalloped Circles Small for my decorative edges on the basket's flaps. I previously made this as an Easter basket and a gift basket (here and here) if you care to see them. Here is a close-up of the three ribbons that I braided to cover my basket's handle.

12 comments:

Shona said...

WoW Marge! This is so cool. I've never seen that before and it looks beautiful. Was worried you weren't going to make it this week, but remembered you like to cut it close! I'm off to check out that tutorial now!

Unknown said...

Girl, you worked the heck out of this challenge. This is way cool. I've always wanted to try a weaved ribbon on a card.

Lisa said...

Wow, wow, wow, this is fabulous!! I absolutely LOVE the look of this, Marge!! You rocked the challenge!! I'm off to watch the tutorial!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kristi said...

Marge,
Oh my! This is just so gorgeous! I love the ribbon weaving so much!

Sue Lelli said...

Your weaving is so Wonderful, Marge! LOVE these!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Marge....what a fun project....love the weaving!

Kristi said...

Congrats!! told ya! LOL

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What great paper crafts! Fantastic!

Congrats on placing!

Mary Jo said...

I am going to go with the WOW too. Love what you did here and better yet very Happy for you on the honorable win. Congrats you put one awesome project together.

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous set Marge, great colors too! ~Diane

Judy Hayes said...

Co cute! Wow!

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow Marge, that looks like a lot of work, but it turned out beautifully! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin