Saturday, September 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Cupcake: Spellbinders/Nestabling Style


Needing a card for my cupcake-baking friend's birthday and needing to actually use my stash of Want2Scrap Nestabling, I chose this cupcake paper from The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby).
Labels Five pink pearls by Nestabling really set off my focal Spellbinders' cupcake diecut image. I first cut/embossed the cuppie in Papertrey Ink's Kraft CS and distressed with Antique Linen distress ink for dimension. I used a metallic pink paper with embossed flowers for my "frosting", re-cutting the cuppie die and hand trimming along the bottom frosting edge. A single flower from that same paper sits atop and pink Cotton Candy Stickles dot the flower centers.
Fiskars' Upper Crust punch decorates the right edge and my focal image is pop-dotted over pink Making Memories ribbon. I stamped my PTI birthday greeting (curved to fit) onto a SBs' banner die to finish off this simple card.
LOVE how well the SBs dies, Nestabling and clear stamps all work so easily together to make a fun, blinged out greeting in quick fashion!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Marge! Your cards are always so gorgeous, and this is no exception!

Kathy W said...

wow, such detail it pops

Mary Jo said...

What a cute idea. very pretty

Sue Lelli said...

Marge, LOVE the embossed paper you used for the cupcake! Makes it look so real and YUMMY! Why are all of your latest creations about some kind of sweet treat! Now I feel like a LATE night raid on the refridgerator!!! FAB card! Your friend will LOVE it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin