Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Masculine Birthday: Spellbinders' Sprockets Meets Papertrey Ink

We needed a masculine birthday card for a special friend from my hubby's past associations, so I chose Spellbinders' sprockets, die cut from their bronze metal foil. LOVE these metal foils for guy cards (and much more)!
My sentiment is heat embossed using two separate stamps from a fabulous Papertrey Ink set, Big Birthday Wishes, an awesome set for everyone from children to seniors!
To keep the masculine feel, I die cut the 80 from birch plywood purchased at Michaels with a retired Sizzix set and glued the "nail heads" (punch outs from the largest sprocket, actually!) to my numbers for added dimension.
We've had a couple "big" birthdays recently among friends/family, so I'm really putting this new PTI set to good use! Your visit today is much appreciated as well as any thoughts you'd like to share on my posts. :~)

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow, Marge - this is fabulous! Those sprockets are great, especially cut from the foil. Love the "nail heads," too. :)

Mary Jo said...

Marge this is very clever and it turned out really nice.

Gwen said...

very nice! perfect guy card!!

Carole said...

What a great "guy" card Marge. Love the metal foils!

1CardCreator said...

Great idea, love the polished gears!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin