Sunday, October 31, 2010

Oh, Holy Night Christmas Card with QuicKutz Dies



To create this Christmas Nativity scene I simply cut the center only using the QuicKutz 12" Nativity die. This beautiful die has the 3 Wise Men and a camel to the left of the manger and shepherds, a sheep and Mary's donkey to the right -- perfect for both scrapbooking and card making. I'm going to be featuring a card with just the Wise men here on my blog in the near future! I love to take different dies and "make them my own" by just using a part of the die or combining several to create a scene different from the obvious intended application.
My card uses Bazzill CS, lightweight metallic paper and Stickles for stars. I stamped
my sentiment on lightweight paper, backed it with CS for strength, rounded the corners and punched notches to thread my Offray ribbon through. I used foam tape behind the star and along the top of the manger for added depth. A simple, but pretty Christmas card that's inexpensive, easy to mass produce and mail, always a bonus during this busy time of year!
Check out this QuicKutz Nativity die (and many others) at Creating Memories in Time for all your paper crafting needs!



5 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Marge, I love blue and gold and the gold looks so rich! ~Diane

Sheri said...

This is very pretty! The gold looks like real metal! Great photo too! Those QK are great!

Tanya said...

so pretty! The gold looks fab on the dark blue, that die is really nice, beautiful, clean image. And looks pretty simple and not lots of layers, would be great to make lots to mail out!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the gold and blue and agree this would be perfect to mass produce and mail! BEAUTIFUL card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Simply darling Marge! Perfect for the Holidays! Love the shimmery star atop the Manger - nice touch ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin