Monday, January 11, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #51: Smitten Valentine

Trying to get my creative mojo "mojoing", so after seeing Gwen's ADORABLE post for Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #51 and the DT posts, I decided I needed to just follow the sketch quite literally. Maybe my mojo will just magically reappear if I quit trying so hard! Besides, it's definitely NOT another Vintage Ornaments Christmas card -- LOL! I'm trying also to use up papers and embellishments I've had forever. Used Spellbinders' scalloped heart dies on my die cuts to make them smaller and added distress ink to "perk up" my lace trim. I'm quite happy with the result!
Paper: K & Company's Smitten DP & Die Cuts; Bazzill CS
Stamp: Stampendous' Spring Swirls set
Ink: Ranger/Tim Holtz Tattered Rose & Worn Lipstick Distress Inks
Embellishments: Lace (from stash)
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard & Scalloped Heart Dies

4 comments:

Karen Giron said...

This is a fabulous card! I love the distressed lace. Beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

Gwen said...

This is so gorgeous!!! I agree with Karen...LOVE that lace on it! perfect with the scalloped hearts. You should have used that gorgeous DP before!! LOL!!! stop hording ;)

Lea L. said...

Very pretty! Loving the lace trim! Great job with sweet sunday sketch 51!


♥Lea

Jak Heath said...

dramatic yet sweet, the papers work wonderfully.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin