Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Raspberry Suite Color Challenge 2 by Dawn McVey

Well, you know the ole saying, "the best-laid plans of mice and men". . . so I missed the deadline, but had a blast making my little chocolate cuppy card anyway! My sweet friend, Gwen, kindly loaned me her Hero Arts Cupcake stamps. I've wanted these forever, so I had to play with them! Thanks, Gwen!!! I had hoped to create a male-appropriate cupcake card & thought these colors chosen by Dawn for her 2nd color challenge would achieve that goal nicely -- what do you think? If you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll better see my embossed Birthday edge, which is a fabulous new card treat to use. Our card group met here last Saturday and this trick was shared by our talented friend Judy who sadly does not have a blog -- you'd really enjoy visiting it -- believe me!!! To see the cards our group made visit our group's blog!!! We're just beginning to post there!
Papers: PTI's White; teal & celery from stash
Stamps: Hero Arts Clear Design Cupcakes
Ink: PTI's Dark Chocolate; Versamark Watermark pad
Embellishments: Liquid Applique; ribbon
Techniques: Provo Craft Embossing Folder: Birthday; Spellbinders Wizard & Square Nesties

2 comments:

marianne-g said...

I like!!! What did you use to make the frosting?

Gwen said...

YUMMO!!!!!seriously...that frosting looks so real! glad you had fun with the cuppies! love the embossded edge, I have yet to try that. you are so right! the colors are perfect for a guy card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin