Monday, January 12, 2009

DD's Birthday Card
















Our DD's birthday is today, so I actually finished off a card I'd started looonnng ago. She loves dogs, though she doesn't have one at the present time, so I know she'll like this card. I used chalk on her pants, hat & hair. Because it was over 5 1/2 inches square, I didn't have a piece of paper long enough to add a liner for my inside greeting, so I decided to add a piece of designer paper edged with a fancy punch. Trying to think "out of the box"!!! ;-) It's actually the same paper as the card front, but due to lighting (& my lack of camera skills) it looks much brighter and actually more true to real life. I used an "edited" inside photo. I also edited the card front photo, but where I'd used chalk on her pants, it looked "blotchy" in the edited version. Do you think I NEED camera classes?!!! LOL!
Paper: SU DP (from 2006); cardstock from stash
Stamp: Rubber Romance
Ink: VersaFine Vintage Sepia
Punches: SU's Spring Flower Bouquet; MS Embossed Zig Zag
Embellishments: Hero Arts Gemstones (yellow) & blue $1 store

5 comments:

Kathy W said...

super fun, like how you did inside too

Gwen said...

How Cute!!!!!! I love it!!! you did a great chalking job & love all the bling & I really like the inside too!!! I think I NEED that punch! :) Your DD will really love it too!!!

Anonymous said...

That looks great. The inside really turned out beautiful. Perfect for that card.

Kelly said...

Love this card - so darling! Of course, puppy and daisy cards usually catch my eye, but this one is especially cute. :)

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin