Saturday, March 7, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #152: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hard to believe that we're nearly to the middle of March, 2015 already, but we are and that means that St. Patrick's Day is closing in on us!  Our My Sheri Crafts Challenge for you this go-round is to create a project that includes a pot of gold, four-leaf clover or a leprechaun -- pretty simple, huh?



For my card I went with a chipboard pot o' gold to which I added a rainbow fashioned with gems in five colors.  My A2 card is made using Papertrey Ink's Vintage Cream CS and I added 3 folds for dimension just beyond the folded edge.  Next I added a piece of October Afternoon;s Cakewalk designer paper with a cream and green ric-rac design and a fun Irish sentiment to accompany that lucky pot of gold.  The Inkadinkado stamp has been in  my stash for many years and was stamped using Memento's Bamboo Leaves, a good match with my DP also.  Finishing off this CAS card is a shamrock bow cut from shoe strings that I found for $1, so I have plenty for my St. Patrick's Day needs to come!

5 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Marge, lovely carrd. I do like those gems making up the rainbow.
Sue

Raquel said...

Marge, great to be on the team with you guys again! Love your card! I must say, this is the first time I've ever seen a "green" pot of gold... very clever. Awesome elements blended well together

Sandy Palmer said...

Love the addition with the rainbow coming out of the pot like that! Very clever! Love the shamrock ribbon as well! Perfect sentiment also! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, the chevron works nicely with all the elements on the card, and who could resist a rainbow of gems? :-D

Glenda said...

Great looking card! Love the rainbow- such a clever use of the gem stones and the shoe lace bow is perfect addition! Love it!

Glenda

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin