Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #148: Let it Snow!

Sheri chose the theme for our challenge @ My Sheri Crafts, asking that we use a snowflake on our project! Normally, this wouldn't be hard, but after having 'cold' weather by my 'desert-dwelling' standards, we had a record-breaking high of 81 in Phoenix Wednesday, so creating a card with snow was a bit difficult!  I so dislike being cold that I'll honestly take 110 degrees over cold any day!


Today I'm sharing a CAS card and envelope.  I began with an A2-size card base of blue Bazzill CS, then a layer of DP to which I added a foil snowflake. My sentiment is from Our Craft Lounge, a clear acrylic set from many years ago that I love still!  I stamped it in Papertrey Ink's Enchanted Evening onto a Spellbinders' Ribbon Tag die (retired) and tied with a silver ribbon.

I guess my post today is 'a blast from the past' as everything on this card is from awhile ago, but still perfectly relevant for our Let It Snow challenge, so let's see what you can find in your craft room for your snowflake project to post @ My Sheri Crafts! ;)


4 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Marge, this is a lovely card. I like the big snowflake on the back ground paper.
Wow 81 in January!! Its been so cold over here got my big fluffy slippers on lol.

Happy New Year
Sue

Sandy Palmer said...

It has been very cold here as well! No snow, but below freezing temps! :( Love the matching envelope with the card! Wonderful touch with the gems, or what ever you put on the snowflakes!?! Hard to tell on my computer, but I love the look of it!
Hugs,
Sandy.

Glenda said...

Beautiful card Marge! Love the big snowflake..looks great on the pretty paper!
Hugs!
Glenda

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, you sure did capture the wintry theme despite living in the desert. :-D I love all the blue and silver combination and the way you stamped the envelope.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin