Wednesday, October 2, 2013

JustRite Friday Challenge #106: Color Inspiration

Wasn't sure I'd find time this busy week for the JustRite challenge, but I managed in the nick of time to get a card done. Didn't think I even liked it, but my hubby LOVEs it!!!  ;-)  I do think I captured the required colors pretty well?!
I used JustRites' Birthday Vintage Labels Four stamp set, Grand Large Labels die for my purple BG piece, followed by Majestic Labels Twenty-five (green & orange layers) and topped it all off with JustRite's own Vintage Labels Four die cut for my stamped birthday wishes. The elegant BG swirly stamp was stamped in VersaMark & embossed with black embossing powder that contains orange glitter. It doesn't show very well in my photo, but is really striking in person! A2 Bracket Border die cuts in the same orange striped vellum, a big bow and a few purple gems finish it all off.
I know the perfect person to give this card to, who LOVEs purple, always a win-win when you're following a color inspiration challenge!!!  ;-)
EDITED to add:  Still 10 minutes before challenge closes, so I've added a 2nd close-up now of my glittery orange stamp! Okay, 3:54 PM & I'm DONE -- LOL!



9 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW! You have outdone yourself this time! I love how HAPPY this is with all the layers! Thanks for joining at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

I have to agree with your hubbie your card is beautiful love all the layers .

Unknown said...

I have to agree with your hubby, I like the card. You did a great job with the colors. I like the embossing powder you use. It shows up really well in the 2nd photo.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lol. You crack me up. You squeezed in time to show the detail (which is fantastic) and even stated the time left. Too funny!

Seriously though, you card is a beauty! Seeing this card makes me regret a decision I made earlier: I put in a JR order and I had a choice between the birthday set and another set. Your card makes me wish I would have ordered both! Your card is that nice!

Have a good evening!
Kathy Jo

Shona said...

YAY Marge ! You made it, and with a real beauty of a card. Super pretty colours, and it didn't need flowers. I was early and late for this one, but wow, you sure cut it close!

Raquel said...

Wow! Very bright popping colors. Love the stamps you used and how you put this card together. Well done

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! Your card is AMAZING!! ;) love the fun design!! Thanks for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

Mary Jo said...

I finally had a chance to take a look at the challenge cards and I am going to agree with everyone on yours. The colors are so bright and pretty. It is an amazing card.

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the glittery orange, Marge! This is a wonderful birthday card!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin