Wednesday, October 3, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #082: Be Supportive

For the current JustRite Friday Challenge we are to 'be supportive'. I chose to use this gorgeous Bo Bunny "Gabrielle Collection" paper featuring an angel. When I chose it I was planning to make a sympathy card, but my focus changed. This has has been an extremely emotional and hectic week for us, as our DD and her loving BF announced their engagement -- to say I'm thrilled, so proud and so excited is putting it mildly!!!
Thus, I kept this card pretty simple as my week has flown by while anticipating the announcement and having difficulty concentrating on much else! My supportive sentiment is from the FABULOUS new JustRite Amazing Paper Grace "Just the Right Words' clear stamp set -- LOVE this and have wanted a set like this for a long time now! As you'll see if you check out this set, there are so many ways to make it 'your own' -- LOVE that!
My sentiment is stamped onto another new JustRite FAV of mine, their Antique Labels One Dies -- just a huge fan of this shape! I used some Smooch Spritz Pralines and Cream mist on my white doily to antique it, as well as on my sentiment while it was still in the die. Next I hand died my Hug Snug seam binding with Copics, tied my bow, added a Tim Holtz button and a small beaded angel stick pin and pearls to complete my card.
Hope you are able to join us next week @ JustRite's Friday Challenge and that my life slows down just enough that I can get my project done earlier, but I'm not holding my breath on that one -- LOL!  It's a wonderful thing though to be 'happily busy'!!!  ;~)




12 comments:

Sheri said...

This is beyond GORGEOUS! I love the paper and the colors with that beautiful sentiment! Thanks for joining in our challenge at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Sasha said...

Beautiful, Marge. Love the colour and pearly flourishes x

Mary Jo said...

You have really made a goregeous card with the perfect color and some fancy pearls. Very well done. Looks like a winner to me.

Glenda said...

Gorgeous card Marge! Beautiful sentiment and your details are perfect!
Glenda

Kristi said...

Love it! The colors are so yummy and love all the pearls and the doily! Great work!

Hugs,
Kristi

Sue Lelli said...

How Elegant, Marge! LOVE the paper and the pearl flourish and that FAB bow! OOH and the doily! LOVE it ALL actually!

1CardCreator said...

Totally stunning Marge, I love everything about this one!

Unknown said...

A totally beautiful card. I just love the colors. A huge CONGRATS on being a honorable mention. You deserve it, great job.

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow, you talk about letting the paper do the talking! This is absolutely gorgeous Marge! Everything you added just enhanced it all the more!

Holly Young said...

such a gorgeous card,Marge!!!!! I LOVE that stamp set too!!!! Congrats on your win!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love all of the beautiful design elements!! Congrats to your daughter :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats to your daughters engagement. How exciting~my daughter just got married 2 weeks ago and what a fun time. Happy for you:)
Your card is so beautiful. I just love the design!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin