Saturday, January 7, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge 76: Time for a Change

Since it's a New Year, My Sheri Crafts says, "Time for a Change" (create any project that includes a clock). Hop on over to see the many ideas the DT is presenting! I altered a 49-cent composition book from Office Max to turn it into what I think is a lovely journal/notebook/recipe book/place to jot ideas -- whatever you wish-to-use-it for book!
Though the change is definitely dramatic, it was such an easy fix. I merely chose my papers (retired SU CS), cut it to roughly the height of my journal, adhered 1/4" Scor-Tape to the edges and and pressed my CS down, adding a separate piece of CS to finish off the back. Next I used a Basic Grey file to smooth the edges and Walnut Stain distress ink for antiquing -- really simple.
My 'midnight' clock is made using Spellbinders' Big Scalloped Circles, Tim Holtz Game Spinners, plus numerals for both the clock & year were cut with my new Boss Kut Gazelle -- a very simply project for a Gaz newbie!
That's it for my first 2012 project -- we'd LOVE to have you share your "Time for a Change" project with us @ My Sheri Crafts -- can't wait to see them all!!!

9 comments:

P.G. Lamb said...

Marge, I love the simple elegance of the monochromatic theme that you used for your altered notebook. You showcased the beauty of the designer paper in the clock shape quite nicely. :-)

Sarah said...

Great journal Marge! You used some beautiful papers, too. I hope you are enjoying that new Gazelle.

Charlotte said...

Marge,

this really gives new meaning to a composition book. This is amazing!! Super job!!!

Charlotte

ShelbyWoo said...

MARGE these are some gorgeous colors together great job!!

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful Marge, great way to break in the Gazelle!

Glenda said...

Beautiful makeover for a composition book! Love the gorgeous papers and your clock! Hope you are enjoying the new crafting toy!
Glenda

Maria Matter said...

beautifully done Marge!
Enjoy your gazelle!!
hugs

Kathy W said...

very clever take on the new year challenge

Colleen said...

Marge,
Thought I would come visit now that the holidays are over.
Love your book! As I look back at your December post and see those little wine glass charms, I'm impressed you could do this Christmas Eve and second they are soooo cute. I can see you making these with your Halloween Spellbinders! Hope everything is good there.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin