Sunday, January 22, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #64: Inspiration

Now that I've given my friend her birthday card, I can post it. She's not one to frequent my blog (though I'm expecting that to change once she retires?), but I always know around this time of year, she'll be stalking it to see IF I posted her card -- HA -- fat chance that's ever going to happen!  ;~) Today when our other friend asked if I'd posted either of their cards yet, Sassy had to blush heavily and laugh. She'd gone online at work to fool me into thinking she'd not been here! This is a woman who cannot tolerate a surprise if it's even remotely possible to eke it out of anyone ahead of time or to discover it herself in advance of the event -- she does come by her nickname honestly! So now I present my well-kept secret card:
Because blue is her favorite color, I chose JustRite's inspiration challenge colors. I really love this color combo and the BG paper (Colorbok's Flea Market) reminded me of the pillow design in the inspiration photo. My sentiment was created using JustRite's Curlz 50 pt. alpha letters for 'sassy' plus 'Birthday' from their Just a Note set. It's backed by one of Tim Holtz Mini Paper Rosettes (LOVE that die!) and JR's Grandma's Doilies (which perfectly coordinate with Spellbinders' Classic Scalloped Circles). A bit of Copic BG15 is added for accent here, as well as on my JR Lace Border stamped along the bottom. Coordinating stamp sets and dies make creating projects sooo easy and a great color combo never hurts! Add in a few pearls and some luscious seam binding ('Cloud' by Martha Stewart) and you can't go wrong. Hope you enjoy seeing my card as much as I enjoyed surprising the gal who cannot stand a surprise surprising her -- Hee-Hee!!!

7 comments:

1CardCreator said...

This is gorgeous, I bet she is still in shock! Love the tiny pearls on the binding also, beautiful touch!

Mary Jo said...

Marge you did a great job with this color challenge. Your friend has to feel very special.

Lynn said...

What a pretty card! Love how you combined the colors and layers.

kathi17 said...

This card is the prettiest one on the challenge so far. Everything about it is gorgeous!

Sheri said...

WOW! This is STUNNING and SO fancy! I LOVE it! That lace border stamp is the PERFECT touch!

Sue Lelli said...

The story about Sassy cracked me up! But no wonder she didn't want to wait to see this! It is just GORGEOUS! LOVE the papers, the colors, the pearls, the rosette, and the seam binding! That sentiment is just icing on the birthday cake! FAB card Marge!

Colleen said...

Marge,
Oh so pretty! That paper is stunning and the way you pulled it all together with the rosette just amazing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin