Saturday, December 17, 2011

Masculine Birthday Cards: Spellbinder's Style!

For our son & my stepson's shared birth date (16 years apart) this year I created the same card for both, deciding to elaborate on a card I first saw created by Judy Hayes. This time I changed the center by not only using a sprocket die & large metal brad, but I cut out the center area of my smaller Labels Twenty-One layer with a Crown Circles die.
Close-up view of center
Next, I stamped my greeting by Papertrey Ink in Staz-On ink on clear acrylic, adding it over the center to emulate looking through glass -- I LOVE how it turned out, including the masculine look of the sanded Core'dinations papers and screw brads --  with a "steam punk" feel to it!

For more details, see my previous similar posts here and here.
Ahhh, so many December birthdays and Christmas cards yet to complete/so little time -- two more down & 1 more birthday yet to create!!! ;~)

Paper: Core'dinations CS; WeRMemoryKeepers CS; Grafix Dura-Lar Clear Overlay Film (Medium Weight from Hobby Lobby)
Stamp: Papertrey Ink's Inside & Out Birthday
Ink: Staz-On
Dies: Spellbinders Labels Twenty-One, Labels Sixteen, Crown Circles, Sprightly Sprockets
Embellishments: from stash

6 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wow, what a fabulous masculine creation Marge!
love the gear cuts & rich colors!!
hugs & blessings

Sarah said...

I really like this Marge! At first glance, I thought it looked like a big ole western belt buckle! LOL ;~) This is really cool!

Sheri said...

OH WOW! This is SO COOL! You're so smart ;-)

Mary Jo said...

Marge this is a perfect masculine card. Love how you make those gear dies work for you. Perfect.

P.G. Lamb said...

Wow Marge, this really caught my eye! I love the subtle Steampunk reference.

Unknown said...

Wow it's really nice...Beautiful Excellent work you did. I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. Keep sharing more.
spellbinders

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin