Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Happy Birthday: Lifestyle Crafts Letterpress Style!

While I had my QuicKutz/Lifestyle Crafts supplies out, I played with this border/edge plate from the Letterpress Wedding printing plates set and Hot Pink ink. I think I may have "accidentally" turned the plate upside down (it's the large solid strip/narrow strip plate), but I'm glad I did, as I love this edge!  :-)
For my sentiment, I inked it on a separate piece of LP paper and then ran the inky brayer along the edges for added detail.
Lastly, I inked up the single daisy outline flower from the Everyday set, punched it out and pop dotted it over my sentiment strip. Adding a pearl to my flower center, plus one to the dot over the "i" in birthday, finished off my card.
Do you ever get a card totally finished and photographed (and maybe even mailed, as in this case?), only to wish you'd done something differently? Looking at my photo now, I'm wishing I'd have thought to also run my inky brayer along the circle flower cut-out -- maybe I'll  remember next time?!
For a great selection of Lifestyle Crafts' Letterpress supplies, be sure to visit Creating Everlasting Memories, where you'll find these products, as well as pearls in many sizes/colors and decorative punches too! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Fabulous, Marge - I love it upside down! And yes, after a card is photographed, I often wish I had done something a little differently. :)

1CardCreator said...

I love the letterpress, looks fabulous. Yes I photograph and then when I see my own post I see what I should have done different too, ha ha.

Kathy W said...

wonderful clean design

Julie Ranae said...

really beautiful! I sure hope you will consider coming to play with us at the new CAS Challenge, CAS-ual Fridays...I love your work!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin