Sunday, September 26, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 037: Sketch & My Sheri Crafts Challenge 24: Masculine

JustRite's challenge this week was to follow their sketch. Since I needed a card for a male relative and My Sheri Crafts' theme is 'masculine', this is my entry for both challenges. I began by filling the border of my 2 3/8" round JustRite stamper with "Happy 25th Bradley" in TNR 25-pt. font. Next I spelled out birthday in TNR 15-pt. font on my 2" round stamper's inside rim and added the 'Celebrate star' image from Just A Note. Love how I can combine font sizes & images on different stampers to customize/personalize my cards! Both images were die cut/embossed with SB circle dies and assembled with Inverted Circle die cuts in silver, just peeking out behind and popped up on fibrous star BG paper. My bottom border was made with 3 SB die cuts from an older die called "Symbology" and silver eyelets.
Stamps: JustRite's 15 & 25-pt. Times New Roman Fonts & Just a Note Borders & Centers
Ink: Versacolor Atlantic
Paper: Bazzill (2 shades of blue from stash) & handmade fibrous blue paper w/silver stars & silver metallic CS (stash)
Embellishments: Amuse Twinkle stickers; WeRMemoryKeepers' silver eyelets
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard, Classic Circles, Inverted Circles & Symbology S3-004 die; Crop-a-dile

12 comments:

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

WOW! That BG paper is A-MA-ZING!!! I love all the bling!! Perfect BOY card!

Mary Jo said...

Love that paper. I really like what you did with this card and the use of your stamping tools. Great Job.

Tanya said...

OMG, I am loving this! Fantastic masculine card!

Liz Weber said...

Looking fantastic Marge, that card is wonderful, love the scrolls and just love the papers.

Thanks so much for all your blog love this week!

Have a great week Marge!

Colleen said...

Marge,
Wonderful design with the sketch! Great job on combining the font sets.

Kathy W said...

wow love all the embellishments!

Wendy said...

GREAT masculine card Marge!!! I love the personal sentiment!!! You did a great job!!

Niki Estes said...

What a great card! Love that paper!

1CardCreator said...

Love this Marge, great card for a guy! Love all the gold accents too. ~Diane

Lynn said...

Distinctive and different! Eye catching. Very nice!

Sue Lelli said...

OMGosh! I own that star paper and didn't know what to do with it - this is FAB! And those circles with the sentiments are classy! That border is so different and I love those eyelets - haven't used those in a while! GREAT masculine card!

Scrapping Cat said...

What a great card...love the silver with the blue

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin