Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 037 (2nd Entry): Sketch

I'd been thinking of doing this Spellbinder's Halloween Graveyard Scene using several embossing powders, so decided I'd try it, not knowing how/if I could make it work?!
So for my 2nd JustRite entry this week, I die cut my graveyard scene in Spellbinders silver craft foil and colored the crow with Copic C9. Next I used my Embossing Pen on just the bottom "earth" area and sprinkled and heated my embossing powder. Then I just did the smaller sections one at a time with the desired EPs until done, added a bit more Copic greys/browns to finish off the edges and attached it to my card front.
I wanted to feature Mr. Bones against my harvest moon, kind of the "dead man in the moon", so stamped my JustRite 15-pt. TNR "Come if you dare" sentiment on gold Vellum, embossed in black EP and mounted that on a Spellbinders' Classic Circle die cut from orange Bazzill.
A spattering of Amuse twinkle stars in the night sky and my eerie scene is complete, so "Come if you DARE"!!!
My husband said for a totally different look, I could use a witch, so I guess I have his permission to buy Spellbinders "Witches Brew" dies next-- LOL!

7 comments:

Tanya said...

This is so cool! I don't have any Halloween stamps, dies, nothing, and I love Halloween. I love this, I need some new stuff, lol. :)

Colleen said...

Marge,
Very COOL! I love all the treatments you did.

Sue Lelli said...

This is FANTASTIC! LOVE the graveyard with the different embossing powders! A LOT of work TFS! LOVE the Dead Man in the Moon on vellum and Bazzill and the stars - WOW! I'm not familiar with that product but it's FAB!

1CardCreator said...

Stunning card Marge and I love how you got permission for more dies, I will have to remember to use that one on my DH, lol. ~Diane

Mona Pendleton said...

What a Spooktacular card Marge! Love how you added color to the graveyard scene!

Liz Weber said...

Oh very spooky Marge, love your fantastic Halloween card, so creative and fun!

Kathy W said...

awesome graveyard- super fun card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin