Wednesday, September 29, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 037 (2nd Entry): Sketch

I'd been thinking of doing this Spellbinder's Halloween Graveyard Scene using several embossing powders, so decided I'd try it, not knowing how/if I could make it work?!
So for my 2nd JustRite entry this week, I die cut my graveyard scene in Spellbinders silver craft foil and colored the crow with Copic C9. Next I used my Embossing Pen on just the bottom "earth" area and sprinkled and heated my embossing powder. Then I just did the smaller sections one at a time with the desired EPs until done, added a bit more Copic greys/browns to finish off the edges and attached it to my card front.
I wanted to feature Mr. Bones against my harvest moon, kind of the "dead man in the moon", so stamped my JustRite 15-pt. TNR "Come if you dare" sentiment on gold Vellum, embossed in black EP and mounted that on a Spellbinders' Classic Circle die cut from orange Bazzill.
A spattering of Amuse twinkle stars in the night sky and my eerie scene is complete, so "Come if you DARE"!!!
My husband said for a totally different look, I could use a witch, so I guess I have his permission to buy Spellbinders "Witches Brew" dies next-- LOL!

8 comments:

Tanya said...

This is so cool! I don't have any Halloween stamps, dies, nothing, and I love Halloween. I love this, I need some new stuff, lol. :)

Colleen said...

Marge,
Very COOL! I love all the treatments you did.

Mandy said...

Just popping onto say thanks for becoming a follower of our new challenge,Sparkle Dreams Challenge look forward to seeing you on the 1st October for our first challenge...
The Sparkle DT

Sue Lelli said...

This is FANTASTIC! LOVE the graveyard with the different embossing powders! A LOT of work TFS! LOVE the Dead Man in the Moon on vellum and Bazzill and the stars - WOW! I'm not familiar with that product but it's FAB!

1CardCreator said...

Stunning card Marge and I love how you got permission for more dies, I will have to remember to use that one on my DH, lol. ~Diane

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a Spooktacular card Marge! Love how you added color to the graveyard scene!

Liz Weber said...

Oh very spooky Marge, love your fantastic Halloween card, so creative and fun!

Kathy W said...

awesome graveyard- super fun card

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin