Wednesday, July 14, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge 026: Nice Notes

My Nice Note is made using Spellbinders' Labels Twelve, Peony (flower) and Doodle Parts (swirl) dies and Core'dinations CS. After cutting/embossing my large & small frames, I sanded the Core'dinations' paper to reveal more of the gorgeous pale turquoise color and bring out the frames' embossing. I used Tsukineko's Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz on the swirls before wrapping them around the large frames' sides (click on the photo to enlarge). My JustRite Just a Note sentiment is popped up on foam tape. I cut two peony flowers from an old book page, colored them with Twinkling H2O's and spritzed with Shimmer for the bottom corner embellishment. Think this little "Just a Note" tucked away would really brighten someone's day when discovered!
Paper: Core'dinations Whitewash Collection & PTI's Aqua Mist CS
Stamp: JustRite Just a Note Borders & Centers
Ink: Memento's Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Doodlebug (brad); Tsukineko's Sheer Shimmer Sparkle Spritz
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard, Labels Twelve, Peony & Doodle Parts' Dies

14 comments:

Chrissie said...

Marge, this is simply gorgeous!
Chrissie

Sheri said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I love the color and how you entwined the flourishes! Great job!

Tanya said...

So pretty! Fantastic card! I think someone would be happy to discover this little note, I know I would be. :)

Mary Jo said...

What a pretty note card.

Gwen said...

this is gorgeous Marge! love that paper color & the unique shape!!

Tracey said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog (http://calicopumpkin.wordpress.com).

I think your card is so nice! I love how you sanded the frames, it is such a nice touch and really brings it all together nicely.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Marge! Beautiful flower!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love your version of this challenge, especially the doodle parts/scrolls, looks FABBO!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous Marge! Those doodle parts look awesome (wish they didn't, now I want them!) Love the whole layout! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Sharon Harnist said...

Beautiful!

veronica said...

love the frame!

Kelly said...

LOVE this card, Marge. I love the monochromatic look of it and the die cuts. Nice job!

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Oh how ADORABLE is that!! Love Love LOVE it!

Dana said...

This is really amazing! I love the colors, layers and embellishments! That about covers everything!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin