Monday, February 8, 2010

PTI's "Paint" by Number Challenge


Nichole's Anniversary Celebration Day 8 challenge was to create a card using a color palette assigned by the first letter of your online username, as shown to the right. I honestly found it nearly impossible to use Raspberry Fizz in this palette, so ended up using very little! Because a sketch is a jumping-off point to inspire creation, I took "creative license" with not only that color, but the card/layer sizes (as I had no Orange Zest or Terracotta Tile PTI papers). After many attempts/struggles, I do like the resulting card.
Paper: PTI's Ripe Avocado, Raspberry Fizz, SS White CS; SU Pumpkin (???) & Bazzill Scalloped-edge CS; PTI's Friends 'Til the End DP
Stamp: PTI's Mixed Messages
Ink: PTI's Raspberry Fizz
Tools/Accessories: EK Success Scalloped Punch; Offray Ribbon; a-Muse Creative Candy (gems) colored w/Copic RV19

2 comments:

Jak Heath said...

You're getting very clever at these challenges Marge, this is gorgeous, I love the bead detail on the flowers and the scalloped shaped card.

Gwen said...

oh I love it too!!! I think you found the perfect balance of color! also like how you used the bling on the flower centers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin