Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Heat Is On!


I know most of the country is still looking forward to spring, but after the nicest spring I can recall in 17 years, we are ready for summer here in Phoenix! Okay, that's not entirely true -- WE'RE not ready, but apparently Mother Nature is because our first 100-degree day is expected this Sunday!!! ;-)
Here I tried a fun technique made possible by my Designing Diva friend, Judy, who gave each of the Divas a strip of sequin waste, the hole-y strip left over after the sequins are cut! I actually used a raspberry Dauber Duo to sponge the dots all over my cardstock -- really fun and super easy! It actually looks better if they're not perfect, but instead some are lighter/not completely there. I thought it needed something else, but wasn't sure what, so I just decided to just leave it simple.
Paper: Hot Pink & Green cardstocks; DCWV's Extreme Paper Stack DP
Ink: Tsukineko's Dauber Duos


6 comments:

Gwen said...

Hey! this turned out great!!! love it!...for some reason makes me want some watermellon??? I have been dying to use this technique....but have not had time!
NOW...really going to have to make time ;)

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Great idea Marge! love the card.

Julie SBS-8

Kelly said...

Very cool, Marge. Gret job!

Kathy W said...

Marge, what a fun thing to do. You are a true papercrafter using everything you got!

Jeni Glee said...

Oh my, this is absolutely delightful! It just says "summer" in the neatest way! WOW!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday, Marge!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin