Friday, May 2, 2008

Anna Griffin Sympathy Cards

I can't seem to get a photo of this first card that will do it justice, but besides operator error, I'm blaming it on the vellum! Hee-Hee!
I'm going through some older cards as well as "card starters", my name for a stamped image that I start out with which ends up in the "pile" and may or may not become an actual card. I tend to not throw things away because it seems shortly after I do toss something, that's when I know exactly the "perfect" way I could have used it! I decided to finish off the first card by adding a sheer nylon ribbon. I then heated the ribbon briefly with my embossing gun to "curl" the ends and added the pearl. For the second card I simply added the cream ribbon and a button from my button box.
Oftentimes I forget about a really great idea to give a card just the finishing touch it needs, as in the ribbon idea here, which is one I learned years ago. I really like it and the way these cards turned out. I'm so glad I didn't throw these "starts" in the trash, as I now have two nice sympathy cards ready for a difficult time when I'll need them and might not have time or feel creative.
Papers: Blue Cardstock; Vellum
Stamps: Anna Griffin Repousse Background and phrase
Embellishments: Blue Nylon Ribbon by Europa Imports; Woven "Dancer" Ribbon by Offray; Gartner Studios Pearl brads

4 comments:

Jeni Glee said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Marge! I love, love, love it!

Gwen said...

I agree!!! good thing you did not toss these beauty's in the trash! love them both...funny how one small little embellishment just makes the whole chard!! So glad your creativity is back!!!!! looking forward to more ;)

Kathy W said...

beautiful cards, I hardly ever throw out- no mistakes in stamping! I guess that is why my craft room is always so cluttered with stuff!
love Anna's papers.

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Lovely cards Marge!the colours are fab.

No sign of the package yet, will let you know when it arrives.
I only sent mine to you last week might be with you by the end of the week.

Julie sbs-8

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin