Wednesday, November 28, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #086 - Proud as a Peacock

The jewel-toned challenge this week for JustRite Papercraft's Friday Challenge ends in a few minutes, but I've finally managed to get my card posted.

Since I'm in the process of making wedding invitations for my hubby's sweet DD I have turquoise (her chosen color) on my brain lately, so that challenge color is pretty much everywhere in my craft room right now!!!  I chose to use turquoise as my main color, using the CS and turquoise ink she's chosen for her invitations, as well as adding in the shimmery gold plus a pop of purple in my sentiment/flower and blue in rhinestone accents.

My sentiment is from JustRite's Grand Sentiments -- LOVE this clear stamp set!!! Also loved how the Spellbinders' Twisted Metal Tags and Accents die frames my Grand Sentiment and that you can use more than one color when you stamp them! Secondly, the die's large flourish makes me think of a Peacock's tail! Using JustRite's Lace Border's, I added the widest border along the bottom edge of my card in purple.

I've shown a close-up of the gorgeous Wausau "King's Gold" Royal Metallic paper used for my frame and 'tail', hoping you can see the gorgeous sparkle better!

12 comments:

Sheri said...

Love your gold paper and the way that flourish mimics a peacock tail! You always do beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with us at JustRite Inspiration ;-)

Unknown said...

I'm going to agree with Sheri, you always do beautiful work. I see you are still working my die envy.

Shona said...

This is so funny. In our race to be last, we both used the Grand sentiments and metallic paper. I think I must be making progress in my goal to be you when I grow up ! LOL !
Great card as always. love how you used the die.

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful colors!! The embossing is fabulous!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mary Jo said...

I have to agree the elements in this card do give the hint of the peacock tail. Love the colors and they will make wonderful wedding invitations.

kathi17 said...

This is really pretty Marge, I love the peacock tail, as well as the colors and beautiful ribbon and flower.

I thought I was going to be last. Yesterday, I thought it was Wednesday, and I was working feverishly to get my card done, thinking I only had 15 minutes to get it uploaded and posted. It wasn't quite finished. I was actually going to add more embellishments.

Anyway, I got it on to my blog, then went to link it up to JustRite, and saw that I would have had another whole day to finish it! I was actually thinking of you when I was trying to get it finished with what I thought were only minutes to spare!!!

Glad you got yours finished too!!

Sarah said...

Oh this is so pretty, Marge! I just love this color combo! Your pop of purple and the gold is perfect!

Raquel said...

Marge you made it! YAY! Beautiful work as always... love the embossing on the background and the use of the gold frame. How clever of you to use that flourish as a peacock tail... love that!

Migdalia said...

What a Beauty of a card!Love the color combo!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia

Kelly Griglione said...

Marge, that frame is simply stunning! Wow. I would have never thought of the blue/purple/gold combo, but you make it work so well. So glad you have a lead on your Christmas cards ... I would love to see what you come up with!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card and I love those colors!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE that big gold flourish, Marge and that rose in the bow! Pretty card! Can't WAIT to see the invitations!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin