Saturday, August 4, 2012

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #091: Back & Forth

Our challenge @ My Sheri Crafts is to use an accordion/fan fold as one of your project's elements -- can be simply a strip, a fan, a rosette -- whatever you imagine! My project is a small Christmas tree which could be used either for a decoration or even a place card holder for your Christmas get-together. The tree consists of 4 rosettes, the bottom of which is enhanced with Martha Stewart's Scalloped 3-Dot punch and all but the top layer includes Tim Holtz Symphony Music Tissue Tape. My  tree topper is a star cut from JustRite's Custom Charm Dies. On the edges of the rosettes and star topper, I applied Glossy Accents and sprinkled on Martha Stewart's Crystal Coarse Glitter. Though I have both Tim Holtz rosette dies, I made these just using strips of CS and my Scor-Pal, basically following Tim's tree tutorial here.
My matching card includes a half-rosette tree and sentiment stamp from Just Rite's Christmas Nested Sentiments, as well as Recollections Rhinestone Stars.
Thanks for stopping by my little blog today! We @ My Sheri Crafts really hope that you'll create a project with an accordion/fan fold -- remember anything goes -- and post it to our challenge -- can't wait to see everyone's ideas!!!

12 comments:

P.G. Lamb said...

What an elegant take on Tim Holtz's Christmas tree! I sure prefer yours! ;-)

Charlotte said...

Oh Marge, You have just blown me away with your Christmas tree and matching card. I have just been sitting and studying it. I love it. And yes, that little tree could have many uses.
charlotte

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow Marge, your tree and matching card is BEAUTIFUL!!! All that glitter just makes it all pop! Fabulous job on it all!

Lisa said...

Wow, these are so gorgeous, Marge!! I love the added glitter!! So fabulous :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

ShelbyWoo said...

Marge I have def never seen this and love love love it!! makes me definitely want to give it a shot!

Ani said...

I love those trees! Hugs, Ani
P.S. I have a candy over at http://cardmaniachallenges.blogspot.com/ if you're interested...

Glenda said...

Gorgeous Christmas tree and matching card! Love the glitter! Thanks for such a fun challenge!
Also, thanks for sharing the link to the video - I do want to try this!
Glenda

1CardCreator said...

So clever and gorgeous Marge!

Nana Donna said...

OMG the Christmas trees are amazing. I love anything Christmas. Came over from My Sheri Crafts

Sarah said...

WOW!! You ROCK!!! I just love this and want to make my own! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!

Sue Lelli said...

Just AMAZING, Marge! LOVE your Fab card and that STUNNING tree!

Raquel said...

Marge... wow! Matching card and a take-home gift! Love your idea of making a tree and those reminds me of stacked Reese's Peanut Butter cups! Love this!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin