Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happily Ever Challenged #6: Eat Your Heart Out


What a challenging challenge, but that makes them fun, huh?! Ted (HappilyEver Crafter) challenged us to follow his "menu" based upon the last digit in your birth year. Mine is 9 and no other clues regarding my advanced age will be given -- LOL! I had to use 1) grey BG paper (Smokey Shadow by Papertrey Ink; first time to purchase/use this color, which looks more like black with my lack of photography skills), 2) damask or flourish main image done in 3) Poppin' Pastels and 4) flocked primary embellishment. Grey is usually reserved for my guy cards and I've had these brads for over a year, so whattaya think?! At least I used some items from the bowels of my craft room -- flocked brads + chalk! ;-)
Paper: PTI's Smokey Shadow & White CS; silver CS from stash
Stamps: Technique Tuesday's Damask - Small; PTI's Round & Round (2009 Anniversary Set) for Sentiment
Ink: PTI's Charcoal & Versamark (Damask)
Embellishments: Koss Pastels; Creative Imaginations Flocked Brads; Michael's Silver Pearls
Tools: Spellbinders' Labels Six & Fancy Tags Dies

6 comments:

Ted said...

Marge, this is such a vibrant card! :) I love the pink on the grey like that...gives it such a rich feel to the card! :) Very nice job and I thank you for playing along!

Jill said...

Marge, the flocked brads are awesome! Those would be in my stash too if I'd seen them at the store. :-) I like your pop of silver behind the main image especially. It makes the card!

Chrissie said...

I haven't visited in a while Marge... this is beautiful, as ever!
Chrissie

Gwen said...

Hey you did it!! this was hard wasn't it?? But fun too...you really did a great job with your "number" So pretty with the soft pink! I think this is the first time I have EVER see you use chalk! LOL!!! great challenge wasn't it!

Kathy W said...

I think the grey pink combo makes a very elegant card- it's a beauty

1CardCreator said...

Love this Marge, looks so elegant!
Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin