Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tim Holtz: The Journey Male Birthday Card



I recently began collecting Tim Holtz stamps and his other unique products when I could use a coupon for them @ Michaels. Love his "grunge" style and knew it would be perfect for guy cards. Since my GF Ilene's already sent my hubby a birthday card for the upcoming Friday occasion, I decided I'd better get a card made for him. LOL! So out came Tim's set, The Journey. I enjoyed working with these fabulous acrylic stamps very much and look foward to being able to add more to my tiny collection. Some day, I'd love to have all my Christmas cards done and mailed early and then spend December joining him in making his Twelve Days of Christmas Tags. They are sooo gorgeous and unique, because he includes many of his unique, clever and creative ideas/techniques in each and every tag. If you've never seen these, click on my link above and then you'll find all three years' tags from 2007 through 2009 -- you'll be very glad you did, trust me!!! Enjoy the eye candy!!!
Paper: PTI's Kraft CS; Core'dinations Black Magic CS
Stamps: Tim Holtz: The Journey
Ink: Memento's Tuxedo Black
Tools: Spellbinders' Wizard and Labels Seven Dies; Cuttlebug Diamonds in the Rough Embossing Folder; sandpaper

7 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Oh Wow Marge I'd have never thought of you as a grungy type of Gal but this is wonderful, he's going to love it.

1CardCreator said...

You outdid yourself on this Marge! So hard to make masculine cards and you pulled it off perfectly. Thanks for sharing the Tim Holtz sites, I will definitely be spending some time there! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Gwen said...

This is GREAT marge!!!! perfect guy card...love the image with that labels die!!! he is going to love it!!! thanks for link too..I have not seen those yet :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card! Great use of those fab Tim Holtz stamps!

Kathy W said...

you had me at Tim Holtz, great images esp arrows

Jeni Glee said...

FABULOUS, Marge....just so FABULOUS!

Shay said...

Fantastic card for your husband! I have this stamp set too and have used it for the oh so dreaded male card. Oh thank you for your lovely comments and following my blog!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin