Monday, March 19, 2012

JustRite Friday Challenge #068: Color

I totally LOVE this JustRite Friday Challenge: to use black & white & a pop of color -- always a fabulous combo! A pop of color, such as with my Raspberry Fizz felt flower (Spellbinders' Spiral Blossom One), just seems to totally set off a black/white design!
For a bit of texture I used white letterpress paper to die cut my Spellbinders' Lattice Rectangle. Next I added Want2Scrap's Black/White Pearl Nestabling to the edges. My JustRite Loving Thoughts sentiment (Heart to Heart Set) is stamped inside a border from Hugs to You Set on vellum and heat embossed with black embossing powder. The vellum centerpiece is mounted onto a white Labels Eighteen die cut and another black hand-cut one. A few more pearls for my flower center and sentiment label and a beaded hat pin finish off this card. You have until 8 PM on Wednesday to add your project for this challenge if you'd like a chance at some lovely JustRite stamp sets!

12 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card
Marge!

Mary Jo said...

Marge this is a stunning card. I agree black and white with a touch of color are a great combo.

Jessi Fogan said...

Absolutely stunning! The felt & stick pin make a great embellishment together & really pop against the b&w :)

Lynn said...

A beautiful balance of black and white! Your've created a "classic" card with an elegant look.

Sheri said...

This is SO elegant! That flower is AMAZING! Another job well done!

Beate said...

You make me want, scratch that, need that set! Beautiful card.
Hugs and smiles

Marisa Job said...

Love this card! It is just beautiful!

Kathy W said...

very elegant

Sue Lelli said...

OMGOSH! Marge that die made the most BEAUTIFUL card! LOVE that color combo, too! Pretty flower! Pretty card!

ShelbyWoo said...

This card is breath-taking!!!! LOVE IT!

Joann said...

I love the Black and White. My favorite color combination. Your flower is amazing! I have the same die but cannot come even close to what you did with it.

Congratulations!

Joann

Raquel said...

Wow Marge... such a beautiful elegant card. Love all the tiny pearls!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin