Sunday, June 19, 2011

My Sheri Crafts Challenge #62: Beach/Summer Theme



This week's challenge at My Sheri Crafts perfectly fits a project I just completed using Tattered Angels Seaside Beachcomber Embossed Glimmer Chips/Tiles, various Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists and Tim Holtz Distress Inks.
This brings back memories of visiting the CA beaches when our kids were little, since we lived within 30 minutes of the ocean. Although I was never a big fan of actually being in the water or the hot clingy sand everywhere, the ocean itself is such a gorgeous powerful force rolling onto shore. I think I'm much better suited to dry land and now living in the SW desert, I definitely get to experience that -- LOL!
This project was something definitely out of my comfort zone, but it was fun to experiment with the mists and play with the tile and especially the fish/seashell chips, all while taking a little walk down memory lane!



Products used:
Tattered Angels Seaside Beachcomber Embossed Glimmer Chips
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists (various colors)
QuicKutz/Lifestyle Crafts 2011 Spring Gift Set RV (Alpha letters)

Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Antique Linen/Wild Honey)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so effective - I just love the design

Wendy X

Lynette said...

Super cool, Marge, and so wonderfully done!

Sue Lelli said...

OMG! This would go so well in my house which looks like a beach house! LOVE the sign and the hanging charms! You are TOO clever!!!

Teresa Kline said...

how fun is this....super idea..looks fabby...hope your week is awesome!

enjoy *~*

Sheri said...

This is SO CUTE! What a great idea!? Thanks for sharing with us this week at My Sheri CRAFTS ;-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh how fun Marge! Love the beach theme and all the glimmer chips!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin