Saturday, February 28, 2015

Sew, Sometimes I Craft Without (#21) . . .

paper and I have had so much fun over the last few weeks making Footie Jammies for a young lady who just turned nine using Matilda Jo's pattern. Since I was invited to her birthday tea party, hosted by my friend, Marilyn, and asked to bring a doll, I thought it would be fun to make her two invited friends jammies for their dolls also!
I was so fortunate to have a very sweet lady @ SAS Fabric in Tempe take time to dig through stacks of knit fabric to find this perfect tea-themed fabric and another sweet lady during my next trip there came up with non-slip sole fabric.  I'm such a lucky girl and I highly recommend SAS to anyone who sews for a great shopping adventure!  Finishing off the jammies, I added teaspoon zipper pulls in coordinating colors made with shrink plastic. I wrote 2015 on them to remember the birthday tea.

Then I just HAD to make them something with AG's 2015 Doll of the Year Grace in mind.  Each received a Paris-themed apron (FREE pattern by Lee and Pearl PLUS MORE for signing up for their newsletter!), chef's hat and oven mitt (FREE instructions here) -- all so easy and fun to make! The glittery Eiffel Tower iron-on is sold @ Joanns (both online and in stores).

I needed to add my own label.  With the help of my talented future son-in-law who took my very rough idea using my initials, he turned it into the perfect label I'd envisioned.  I was truly surprised when it was almost as big a hit with the birthday girl as the footie jams!!!  ')  What a sweetie!

For gift bags for the girls, I used my Spellbinders' Eiffel Tower die and bags/ribbons I had on hand: 
I also made a birthday card, but I'm saving it for a later post since this one is photo heavy.  ;)  Thanks for stopping by -- come back soon, as I've done even more SEWING.  ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin